- Participated in the “XVth International Congress of Gerontology” organized by the International Association of Gerontology held at Budapest, Hungary, from July 4th – 9th, 1993 and presented a paper on “Studies on the Status of Lipid Peroxiation and Antioxidant system during Ageing” and also took part in symposium on “Hypertension in the Elderly”.
- A Guest Lecture was given on “Nutrition in the Elderly” in the International Conference on the elderly at Singapore, 23rd – 26th September 1993, organized by the Singapore Action group of Elders and supported by the International Federation on Ageing.
- Attended the 5th Asia / Oceania Regional Congress of Gerontology at Hongkong from November 19th – 23rd , 1995 and presented a paper on “High Prevalence of Nutritional Disorders and Nutrient Deficits in the Elderly in a rural community in Tamilnadu, India” and also chaired a session on “The Rural Elderly”.
- Second Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Geriatrics at All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi – Oration on “Geriatrics – Past, Present and Future”.
- Third Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Geriatrics at Trivandrum – Oration on “Nutrition and Healthy Ageing”.
- The Indian Academy of gEriatrics held its 7th Annual National Conference (Gericon -2009) on 14th and 15th November 2009 at the Oberoid Grand, Kolkatta. More than 300 doctors from all over India participated. The teme of the conference was “Ageing and Brain”. DR.V.S.Natarajan participated in this conference. The highlights of this conference were delivering of DR.V.S.Natarajan’s Oration and presenting life time achievement award to Dr.V.S.Natarajan. Dr.V.S.Natarajan’s Oration was delivered by Dr.A.K.Majumdar, Former Prof & Head, Dept. of Medicine, Medical College & S.S.K.M.M. Hospital, Kolkatta.
- Ninth National Conference of the Indian Academy of geriatrics was held at Christian Medical College, Vellore on 4th & 5th November 2011. About 300 delegates including Geriatricians, Family Physicians, Physiotherapists, Social Workers and Nurses took part in the Conference. 50 papers were presented. Dr.Subbarayan a Family Physician from Gingee presented a short paper about his personal experience regarding Geriatric Housecall programme in his area. Dr.V.S.Natarajan, Founding Memer of Indian Academy of Geriatrics was the Chief Guest.
- Dr.V.S. Natarajan, a Geriatrician from Chennai,India has been felicitated at “2nd International Congress on Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine 2012” at New Delhi for being awarded a Padmashree by Her Excellency 2012 (President of India). The chief guest Prof. Finbarr .C. Martin, President British Geriatric Society presented a momento to Prof. V.S. Natarajan in the Ranbaxy Award ceremony on 27/02/2012.